Frequently Asked Questions
1. I would like to share a room, do I have to share a room with the opposite sex?
Villa only matches roommates with guests of the same gender.
2. What happens if there is no one to share a room with me?
Villa will put you in a shared room by yourself and you may have another guest join you at any time. You will pay the shared rate either way.
3. Do I have to share a bathroom?
Each room has its own bathroom and you will only have to share if you have a roommate.
4. What do I do for food?
Villa has a kitchen fully stocked with pots, pans, plates, utensils, and basic spices. You will need to provide the food, but we give you everything to prepare the food. We do not have prepared food available onsite or a cafeteria. Guests prepare their own food.
5. Is the kitchen open 24 hours?
6. Is there a curfew?
No but the doors are locked after 10:00 p.m. and you will need your room key to enter.
7. Is the area safe?
Villa is on the Emory Campus which is generally very safe. We urge guests to go out in pairs after dark just to be on the safe side, but the area is quite safe.
8. What documents will I need to check in?
Villa requires your passport to make a copy and also your COVID vaccination card. All guests must be vaccinated against COVID 19.
9. Can I eat and drink in my room?
Villa does not allow guests to eat and drink in their rooms. We have a communal dining room for guests to use. You can have water and clear beverages (tea) in your room, but no food or sugary, dark beverages are allowed outside the dining area.
10. Is there an age restriction to stay at Villa?
We welcome guests of all ages. Guests under the age of 18 are required to have a parent or legal guardian present. All guests 16 and older will be charged rent.
11. Does Villa allow alcohol?
Guests over 21 years of age are permitted to keep their own alcohol on site.
12. Can I bring my family?
Villa welcomes families and has two rooms with a set of twin beds and bunk beds. We also have rollaway beds for additional guests.
13. My program is for twelve months. Can I stay at Villa for the full year?
Maybe. Villa has a maximum stay of six months in a non-shared room. We are a great place for you to find your feet while looking for an apartment in the area. Moreover, most apartments only rent for 12 months, so if you wait six months, you will end up having to still pay your apartment lease for twelve months. Best to find an apartment as soon as possible! We will consider allowing guests to stay longer than six months but only if they are willing to share after the initial six-month period.
14. Can I stay for 6 months, move out for a day or two, and come back for another six months?
No. Villa is a safe place for new international travelers to find their place in Atlanta. If we fill up with long-term guests, we cannot meet our mission to provide a safe place and social connections for new guests. We may make allowances for guests willing to share after six months.
15. What is the shortest length of stay?
One day. Villa does not have a minimum number of days to stay.
16. I will need to leave for a month during my six-month stay. Can I keep my room?
If you want to keep paying for the room when you leave, then you may keep you things in the room. If you do not, we will require you to take your things and move in again when you return.
17. I have furniture and items for my apartment. Can you store them for me? Can I keep them in my room?
Villa does not have room to store extra luggage and furnishings. You can keep some items in your room as long as you have a private room, but cleaning requires that we have a good bit of the room available. Villa will not store large items for you. There are storage facilities nearby where you can rent a small space to keep your furnishings.
818. What is your cancellation policy?
Villa has a 72-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel with less than 3 days’ notice, a cancellation fee of up to $85 per night will be charged for up to 3 nights.
19. When can I check in?
You can check in after 3:00 p.m.
20. When do I have to check out?
You must check out no later than 11:00 a.m.
21. Do I need to pay for laundry?
Villa has washers and dryers on the premise and they are free of charge. Laundry soap is also provided.
22. What transportation options are available?
Villa is on the bus lines for MARTA and the free Emory shuttle. Most guests use Uber and Lyft to travel off-campus. Some guests also have vehicles and free parking is available.
23. Are utilities included?
All utilities are included and wifi is also included.
24. If I bring my children, do I need to pay for them?
Children under 16 are free of charge. Guests 16 and older will be charged rent.